Trade Permit for shops
Trade permit for vehicles
Trade permit for vessels
Trade Permit for bonded warehouse
Trade Permit for workshops, factories, vehicle garages, carpentries and tailor shops
Trade Permit for restaurants, cafe's and canteens
Trade Permit for pharmacies
Trade permit for carnivals, fun fairs and night markets
Trade Permit for trading online
Renewing trade permits
Changing ownership of business
Changing premise of business
Cancelling a business permit
Renewing of permits cancelled due to non-payment
Registering a business name
Registering a shipping mark
Registering a logo
Registering a trademark
Changing ownership of business
How can I change the ownership of a business?
· To change ownership of the business, submit the Change Business Permit application form.
· You should submit a copy of the certificate given by Male’ Municipality to the building of operation of business.
· If a company submits the form, the position of the individual submitting the form should be specified and the form should have the company stamp. This individual should be a director of the company.
· The Identification Card copies of the previous owner and the new owner should be submitted with the form.
· The original ID cards are also required for reference.
· If a company is submitting the request, a board resolution should be attached.
Do I need to register a new name?
· If you wish to carry on with the name used by the previous ownership of the company, registration of a name is not required.
· If you wish to change the name, fill the business name section of the form with three names listed in order of preference.
Do I need to cancel the old license?
· Before issuing the new license, the old license under the previous ownership should be cancelled.
If the previous ownership has paid the monthly fee in advance for a long period, can I use that money to settle my advance payment?
· The new owners should pay the monthly fee in advance regardless of any advance payments made by the previous ownership.
· The advance payment made by the previous ownership cannot be refunded.
How much do I need to pay?
· If a new name is registered, you will be required to pay the monthly fee in advance for a minimum of one month.
· The monthly fee for a place on an island with a population higher than 10,000 is Mrf. 200.
· If the population is less than 10,000, the monthly fee is Mrf.50.
· The monthly fee for trading on uninhabited islands is Mrf.200.
· The permit will be granted once the receipt of the monthly fee is submitted.
· A revenue stamp worth Mrf.10 is required for the permit.
What should be considered if a company is submitting the request for a permit or license?
· If the request is made on behalf of a company, partnership, corporative society, club or a party that requires government registration, the receipt of the annual fee should be submitted with the request.
· If the entity is not required to pay an annual fee, documentation that proves that it is a legal entity registered by the government should be submitted.
· The mandate of the entity should include trading of imported goods.