Trade Permit for shops
Trade permit for vehicles
Trade permit for vessels
Trade Permit for bonded warehouse
Trade Permit for workshops, factories, vehicle garages, carpentries and tailor shops
Trade Permit for restaurants, cafe's and canteens
Trade Permit for pharmacies
Trade permit for carnivals, fun fairs and night markets
Trade Permit for trading online
Renewing trade permits
Changing ownership of business
Changing premise of business
Cancelling a business permit
Renewing of permits cancelled due to non-payment
Registering a business name
Registering a shipping mark
Registering a logo
Registering a trademark
Renewing trade permits
How can I renew a business permit?
· To renew a business permit, submit a business permit renewal form.
· You should submit a copy of the certificate given by Male’ Municipality to the premise of business.
· If a company submits the form, the position of the individual submitting the form should be specified and the form should have the company stamp. This individual should be a director of the company.
· If an individual submits the form, a copy of the Identification Card should be attached.
· The original ID card is also required for reference.
· Fill the name column in the application form with three names in order of priority.
What if the license was cancelled due to non-payment?
· If the permit was cancelled due to non-payment, you will be required to pay a fine commencing from the date of the last payment made till the date of renewal of the permit.
How much is the fine?
· If the last payment was made the month prior to the cancellation of the license, the monthly fine for that month will be 1/5 of the monthly fee. Thus, if the monthly fee is Rf. 200, the fine will be Rf. 40, and if the monthly fee is Rf. 50, the fine will be Rf. 10.
· The complete fee amount should be paid for any following additional months.
· The permit will only be renewed upon payment of this fine.
· The monthly fee for a minimum of one month should be paid in advance.
· The permit will be issued upon submission of the payment receipt.
A revenue stamp worth Rf. 10 is required for the permit.
What should be considered if a company is submitting the request for a permit or license?
· If the request is made on behalf of a company, partnership, corporative society, club or a party that requires government registration, the receipt of the annual fee should be submitted with the request.
· If the entity is not required to pay an annual fee, documentation that proves that it is a legal entity registered by the government should be submitted.
· The mandate of the entity should include trading of imported goods.