Trade Permit for shops
Trade permit for vehicles
Trade permit for vessels
Trade Permit for bonded warehouse
Trade Permit for workshops, factories, vehicle garages, carpentries and tailor shops
Trade Permit for restaurants, cafe's and canteens
Trade Permit for pharmacies
Trade permit for carnivals, fun fairs and night markets
Trade Permit for trading online
Renewing trade permits
Changing ownership of business
Changing premise of business
Cancelling a business permit
Renewing of permits cancelled due to non-payment
Registering a business name
Registering a shipping mark
Registering a logo
Registering a trademark
Trade permit for vehicles
How can I obtain a Trade Permit for trade of imported goods from vehicles?
· To obtain a permit for the sale of imported goods from a vehicle, submit a Trade Permit application form.
· This permit is only given for the sale of petroleum products such as diesel, petroleum and kerosene.
· If a company submits the form, the position of the individual submitting the form should be specified and the form should have the company stamp. This individual should be a director of the company.
· If an individual submits the form, a copy of the Identification Card should be attached.
· The original ID card is also required for reference.
· The license for trade of imported goods should be placed somewhere easily visible to customers at the time of trading.
· Fill the business name section of the application form with three names listed in order of preference.
What do I need to pay?
· After the name is registered, you will be required to pay the monthly fee of Mrf.200 upfront for a minimum of one month.
· The permit will be granted once the receipt of the monthly fee is submitted.
· A revenue stamp worth Mrf.10 is required for the permit.
What are the standards the vehicle should comply to?
· The vehicle should be registered at the Ministry of Transport, Housing and Environment.
· The Road Worthiness certificate should be valid for a period longer than one month at the time of registration.
What should be considered if a company is submitting the request for a permit or license?
· If the request is made on behalf of a company, partnership, corporative society, club or a party that requires government registration, the receipt of the annual fee should be submitted with the request.
· If the entity is not required to pay an annual fee, documentation that proves that it is a legal entity registered by the government should be submitted.
· The mandate of the entity should include trading of imported goods.